booklogging

It'd be a useful discipline for me to log and write about the books I read. A blog might help in that discipline and -who knows?- may be useful to ... you?

21.7.04

 

Hey Nostradamus!

cover
I was surprised by how I got into this book I got and how easy it was to read. I found that I cared about the characters [including the possibility that one of the main ones may have been murdered -though we never find out]. What I liked was the way that we see through each charater's eyes and so we develop a multi-perspectival view of events and we are chalenged, implicitly, toremember that other people are really people and not just two dimensional characters in the narrative of our lives. The Father -Reg- is a good case in point. He seems to be the demonised one and yet his redemption comes. The other interesting thing, for me, is the religious dimension in all of this. You can't get away from the God issue. However religion and spirituality are presented in a full way: no simplistic stuff here: there is good and bad and even the good and bad can vary according to where when and who.

I was surprised because this kind of literature is not normally my thing but it's well written and deep enough to keep my interest and the character and plot [in as far as plot is a good description] carried me forward.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   May 2005   June 2005   September 2005   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   May 2007   July 2007   October 2007   December 2007   January 2008   August 2008   November 2008   January 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?